10.6 GEARCALC/ page 6
|Figure 10.8: ||GEARCALC - Wizard page 6|
This page allows the selections of a profile shift coefficient. Several proposals are
made by the software.
10.6.1 Proposals for profile shift factors
- General purpose The profile shift factor is calculated according to a
formula by Robert Errichello:
- Balanced specific sliding The specific sliding at the beginning and
the end of the contact has the same values on the root of the gears.
- Best strength against bending Choose x for the best bending
- Best strength against scoring Choose x for the best scoring
- Limit for undercut The profile shift factor should normally not be
less than this value for the undercut boundary.
- Limit for minimal topland The profile shift factor should not be
bigger than this value. If you choose a bigger value the addendum has
to be shortened to avoid a pointed tip..
10.6.2 Enter pinion profile shift factor
This field allows the user to enter the appropriate profile shift coefficient setting
based on the above proposals.